Friday, June 22, 2007

what the hedoublehockeysticks!!!

the green thing you see on my back leg is a PAIN PATCH. why would i need a pain patch? because without even warning me, my Mom dumped me into the kitty carrier at 7am today and took me to the vet doctor. i love Dr. Cindy and Dawn the vet tech, but to not even TELL me that they were going to shave my leg, put an IV in, put me to sleep and cut out/pull FIVE of my teeth was just wrong. apparently i have a hereditary condition where teeth just break off at the gum line. some times the roots reabsorb and sometimes they get all infected. i had one tooth that had already broken off and they had to dig out the roots and then pull four other ones. i have stitches in my mouth and one of the tooths they pulled was my front canine, so now i have a gap and look like a poor homeless white trashbin kitty. they told my Mom to bring me home and confine me to one room and that i shouldn't do stairs, but i wasn't havin' any of that. i howled and howled and she let me out and i ate lunch and went to the Men's room and patrolled the house. she's been tryin' to get me to take a nap, but i just don't feel tired. and my mouth really hurts. my Mom told me it was for my long term health and she had to do it, sheesh. i did get kisses from Dawn and she called me "handsome man." that was kinda nice. Dawn is pretty and she smells nice. i just want this day to be over. my Mom told me it was really expensive to have this done, but hey, that's not MY problem. she didn't even consult with me about it ahead of time. also, my Mom is real tired. her raydiashun and chemo is catchin' up with her. plus a lot of her hair is fallin' out and she's really unhappy 'bout that. she's doing the pirate look with a scarf wrapped around her head. poor Mom. poor me. it's a good thing the Dad and Casey are healthy.

15 Comments:

Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

OMG! Edsel, I cannot even believe your mom did that to you! I hope you get some serious good cod tonight for dinner. Oh, and LOBSTER!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Off to the VET with no warning and you come home with less teeth and stitches? That is soooo not fair.

Purrs to your mum, hope all the bad part of her treatments now, make for a better and healthier tomorrow.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Omigosh, dey did it wif no warning! Ugh. I hope dat yoor mom's horribul treetments make her feel much better when dey is over.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Well, it probably won't do any good, but I will tell you Edsel, your Momma loves you that is why she did that.

Extra purrs to your Momma. We will be glad for her when the raid-e-a-shun is ofur.

Patches

12:07 AM  
Blogger Max said...

Doood..that was harsh! Normally I would say to go give something a toothy death but it sounds like that might not be a good idea. You could poop on something...your Mom needs kitty hugs and stuff right now. Maybe just go let out a mighty fart to offend the whole family and then forgive and forget?

1:33 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Heh, heh, "toothy death" Max just kills us!!!!
Edsel, friend, we are so sorry this happened to you! Like a stealth assault, she sneeked up & grabbed you and hustled you off.
Can you tell your mom to e-mail our mom? She can't get into her computer for your address but she can retrieve mail from dads computer The one we use now) from her account, since dads is the main one. Whatever..... she can get her mail just fine! Love All of US!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

howdy from Louisville, KY.this is jasmine, mona lisa, ans leo. we are part of the booth clan. we are glad that you are taking good care of your mom. call out mom it you need any help.skin is in and scarves are fashionable!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Oh poor Edsel. Sounds like a horrible experience, but I'm sure you will feel better after you heal up. We are purrrring and purrrying for you and your mom to get better. Have a nice week.
Samantha & Tigger

11:00 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Well...sometimes it's better not to know ahead of time about things like that. Your mom was probably trying to keep you from getting all upset in advance. Even though we don't like the whole dental thing, it really is better to make them go away. Bad teeth can lead to all kinds of very bad problems later on, and you don't want that.

Gosh, Edsel, I hope your mom is OK and recovers from her treatment soon. Tell her she's in our thoughts.

11:49 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

we hopes yer Mommas radeeation and cheeemotherapy go okay and help her out. Sorry about the teeth Edsel, my goodness what a time you haf had ~the fluffy tribe

4:59 AM  
Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We hope you and your Mom both feel better soon.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Poor Edsel. You will never look like white kitty trash to me. I hope you and your Mom both feel lots better soon. We're putting for you.
Purrrrrrrrs and soft headbumpies,
your Tuxie gun moll Boni

12:01 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

They stole 5 TEETHS from you!!! That's terrible! Do you have anything left to chew with?

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! lotsa purrs fur you and fur yur mom. lots an lots an lots of 'em!

5:25 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh poor Edsel. At least my mommy told me when she taked me to haf 5 of my teefs ripped out of my head. not that she listened when i told her "uh no". your mom should haf at leat told you - Miles

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home