Sunday, September 18, 2005

oh no, what did i do???

this is me, havin' a nice day, patrollin' the yard, makin' sure that everything was in order. that's my job, and it's the only job i should do. it's right up my alley, outside in the nice air and sun, with lots of places for snoozin'.

but today, i started to think ooh no, what have i done? what is one of the absolute best things ‘bout bein’ a poodin? bein’ taken care of, that’s what. how else would we be able to sleep 20 hours a day? how else would we be able to gaze contentedly out the window for hours? how else would we be able to lie in a patch of sun and stretch our toes without a care in the world? it’s only because they take care of us.

i’m sorry, fellow poodins, i did a bad thing. the other day, when i was bored and i drew a picture of myself so many of you sent me nice compliments. well, when my Mom read them, i could see the little wheels start turnin’ in her head. she looked at me and said “Edsel, all your friends really like your drawing. and you’ve been blogging, you know how to write and you
haven’t run out of things to talk about like you were afraid of.” and then she said “since you can draw too, i bet you could write a children’s book! how exciting.” and before I knew what was happenin’, she was setting up a “work space” for me so i can work while she’s at work!! now what do I do??? i don’t want to work, it’s not right for a little poodin to work, oh what have I done?????

9 Comments:

Blogger WCTs said...

We want Edsel to be happy and play a lot...so draw when you can poodin! =^..^=

10:20 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Hey, a book's not a bad thing. You can make some kitty crack money--unless your People steal it to buy themselves a topless car and pay stabby place bills...

11:49 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

That sounds like a good thing Edsel. A kitty needs to do something & if you're inside writing you won't be outside in the cold thats coming soon!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

I you have to work, writing a book is not a bad thing to have to do. I can't wait to see it!
--Jasper

11:26 AM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

i didn't say i was writin' a book, my MOM said that. i don't know how to write a book, what is she thinkin'. she's gonna come home from work today and i'm gonna be in trouble 'cause i won't have anything done. maybe i'll have to RUN AWAY???

11:29 AM  
Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Edsel... it be okay.... your Mom just thinks you would be good at writing book. She would never want you to run away - she loves her handsome man too much.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

mia and ghost - whew, you were right. my Mom came home and found out i was all worried and said she loves me too much :) to ever be mad at me. so i only have to write a book if i want to. i'll think 'bout it i guess and see what happens. maybe max is right.....

7:35 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

Oh jeez...my Momma's been on this kick for a while too...

6:15 PM  
Blogger Sanjee said...

Oh gosh. I missed this post! I still think the life of leisure is good. :)

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home