Saturday, August 13, 2005

quiet, hot summer day




why my Mom would bother taking a day off and not spending it with me i'll never un'erstand. i was here all day, not doing much of anything and we could have played or read or watched a movie or just sat in the yard and 'njoyed the summer day. but no. she has to go shopping and to a movie. sigh. so this is what i did. just sat in my house in the kitty condo.

this other picture on the left is a bigger view of the kitty condo. it's pretty cool. it's 'bout 10' x 16' with a ramp from my Mom's office window, and it's got chicken wire over the top so nothin' bad can get in and we can't get out and we can lay in the sun, or in our house, or on concrete, or dirt or in the grass and be safe. and sometimes chips and mice run thru and we get to chase them. i'm not very good at catching 'em. my sister is better than me but my Mom hates it when that happens. that's my sister Casey up on the right. we dont' get along very well. i came here when i was real little and she was a year old and she tried to kill me. a lot. then one day i noticed that i was bigger than her and could kick her butt and it's been pretty calm ever since. but we still don't get along great. we'll sit together and stuff but we would never, ever like cuddle or get close. it's hard to forget when somebody tried to kill you. over and over.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

That kitty play area is awesome! How great that you can come & go out there and be safe.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

You know, it's nice you have a sister, but a bummer that you don't get along better. I wonder if Scooby will hiss a Scout forever, because he is sure not warming up to him very fast! Casey is cute! Is she bossy or kind of quiet? -Shaggy

1:08 AM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

Casey thinks she is the queen of the world and always yells at me, but it is very obvious that my Mom loves me best!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

Hey Edsel, she is very cute. I'll take her if you don't want her!! J/K, I like being an only cat!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

oreo, i'll box her up today, just tell me where to send her!

11:17 AM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Nice condo!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home