Tuesday, May 02, 2006

to Magoo


i stand here today, embarassed, that my team let me down. again. the Oilers beat them fair and square and were the better team. Magoo, my email address is edsel@wowway.com. please send me your address and the name of the animal group you'd like me to make my check out to. also tell me if there are any special flavors of Stinky Goodness that you like.

i do have one little problem. i had my Moms credit card out so i could buy an Oilers jersey and she got a little pissy. said something 'bout how dare i spend her hard earned money to buy a jersey that a) will be way too big for me and b) i'll never wear 'cept for some dumb photo. so. i don't have a picture of me in a jersey and i don't know how to get one.
until i can think of somethin' better, and i will, this is my temporary picture. your humiliated friend Edsel.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Do not be humiliated Edsel. Your team played hard and gave it their best. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Cheer your Momma up and tell her there's always next year. That's what my mon's been saying for 30 years with the Flyers and is saying it again tonight. And she doesn't think her team tried very hard either. xxoo sss's mom & all

10:17 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

S, S & S - wow, it hasn't really been 30 years for the Flyers, has it??

10:20 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Aw, Edsel, you am too cute to hang your head like that! Cheer up, cutie........

11:59 PM  
Blogger Zeus said...

Poor Edsel. Don't lose faith in your team!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

You are a good loser, Edsel. Quite the great example for other cats...though, not me--because I rarely lose (or at least admit to losing).

As a fellow Michigander, I applaud your loyalty to our Wings.

11:12 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Edsel (and SS&S Mom) yeah, it has been 30 long, agonizing years for us Flyers fans. Good grief. I hope that I'm not in a nursing home or something when they win agian. - Meezers Mom
Edesl, you are a furry good sport. Mommy said that your team tried furry hard, but, stuff happens. - Sammy

11:53 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

31 Actually. 1975 was the last time. Mom was a spring chicken...15 years old at the time! It was the year the Flyers became her team. Never mind that she lived in Minnesota and should have been cheering for the North Stars. She is 46 now and hopes to see another Cup before she dies.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

shoot, my Mom is older - she's 53 so she might NEVER see another Cup.

(dont' tell my Mom i told her age she 'probly wouldn't be all "oh Thank You Edse!"

1:31 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Edsel

You are a very good sport...and too bad about your team..do they play tub hockey too?

*ABBY

2:09 PM  
Blogger Petey said...

If you want you can cheer for our team the Colorado Avalanche, they beat the local team the Dallas Stars. The dad is very happy-GO AVS

10:33 AM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

Abby - i don't think they play tub hockey, but i'm not sure.

Petey - uhh, we have kind of a rocky relationship with the Avs. i think we may just stick to rootin' for our Pistons (but for your sake, i hope the Avs win)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Boni said...

Oh gosh, poor Edsel! I think you'd look lots better in a ganster hat, personally.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home