Thursday, November 03, 2005

it was a dark, cold night.......part 3

edsellll................. edsellllll ..................... i heard my name bein' called, as if from far, far, away.......... edselllll.......... it got clearer ................. edsellllll ......................
i realized it was my Mom callin' me. i shook my head, then opened my eyes. "oh baby, are you okay????" my Mom asked. i blinked * once *, ** twice **, then focused on my Mom's sweet face. "i was so worried about you" she said, "can you tell me what happened??" i looked over and PinkDogg and Spot were anxiously peerin' over the edge of the table, somehow they had scrambled up onto one of the chairs. "we were so scared" said Spot. "first that CRASH, then that awful scream." "yeah" said PinkDogg "we thought you were toast." i looked around at the three of them, looks of concern on their faces and weighed my words carefully. "i don't know how to 'xplain what happened. i think if i tell you, you won't believe it, so i'm goin' to have to launch an 'nvestigation, on my own, to figure it out. it may take me some time, but i will keep you posted on my findings. i have suspicions, but no way to verify them right now."

"well, edsel, that worries me" my Mom said. "but we can't force you to tell us before you're ready. please just be safe, whatever you do. and know that if you need help, i will be there for you."

"yeah" chimed in PinkDogg and Spot. "we're here too and will help in any way we can!"

my Mom then said "unfortunately, that CRASH did cause a little problem, and i'm afraid you're going to have to clean up a big, big mess. i know you were trying to do the right thing, but leaping up onto the table caused an awful mess. look at it......"

a little worried now, i crept to the edge of the table and looked down. oh my gosh!!! i've never seen anything like it!!! what an awful, awful, awful mess. well, if i caused it, i guess i'll have to be the one to clean it up. wish me luck, poodins, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!!!! when i'm done, i'll start my 'nvestigation!!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

Good job!
Want help cleaning up?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Boni said...

I'll help you 'vestigate, Edsel. And clean up too. Right after Beau's birthday party. :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Fun to bat around the floor too!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Beau said...

whoooooooa!

7:19 PM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

That looks like something Josie would do. She loves an extra snack.

-Jasper

1:34 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

AW, Edsel....you gonna share????

7:36 AM  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

yum!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Ah! The Trials And Tribulations Of Life Of!

8:24 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

I'm just shocked that there is un-eaten stinky goodness in the picture!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

diva kitty - my sister Casey and i don't love the wet food like all you other poodins. we like dry best, don't know why???

8:36 AM  
Blogger Boni said...

I like crunchies best too, Edsel. It's that satisfying crunch, I guess.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Cat Naps in Italy said...

We hope your mom comes home so soon so we can hear the rest of your wonderful (and scary) story.
Love,
Opus and Roscoe

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home