Tuesday, December 20, 2005

winter watch

it's been very cold here in the mitten state, with lots of snow. i'm on the woodpile, makin' sure all is well. my Mom is feelin' better, thankfully, and it looks like we're goin' to have christmas after all!! she's been shoppin' and bakin' cookies. plus she has 13 whole days off from her work!! she told me that we are goin' to be a little quieter this year and a little more thankful for everything we have, includin' each other. the sad times that my Secret Paw, Eppy, and her Cowboy have been goin' thru have made us step back a little and 'ppreciate the good stuff we have in our lives, like each other. we send them purrayers.

annnnd, my Mom said maybe i can open my Secret Paw present before christmas!!! i hope so, i get so excited whenever i think about it - i wonder who sent it????? (and if Diva Kitty's Mom says again that she knows, i'm gonna bite her!!)

Footnote: Wednesday - Dec.21 2005
Eppy, my Secret Paw, went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. my Mom and i will light a candle tonight to help light her way. love to Cowboy - you eased her way over with love and more caring than many people receive. may you be at peace knowing you did right by her.

13 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

You stay warm, I won't go out and play in the snow. I stay in where it is nice and warm.

Mum wishes she had as much time off from work as yours has. This is muum's busy time.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Thirteen Mom days! Wow, I think that's a great Christmas present!

10:52 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

I know as well....

1:58 AM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

then i'm gonna bite you too!!!! at least you coulda given me a hint when i asked before

8:28 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

We are SO jealous. We've never had that many days in a row with our Mom at home with us.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

We have that many dad days. Mom's going kinda nuts 'cause he's underfoot, but he is keeping busy with fix-it projects that got put off way too long. We all get extra pettings so thats just fine with us!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Our Mom and Dad are tired.....so they am always underfoot. We girls can never get by with nuthin....but we is glad they is always home with us. After all, we can do what needs to be done when they are taking the big long nightime nap.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Mattingly said...

Hi Edsel! I updated my blog tonight! Mom and I want to thank you for introducing Eponine on your blog so that we could see what a special life she lived. Edsel, you look very important up on that woodpile. I hope I can do something that important for my family someday. My Mom says you are very very handsome. I didn't want to write that but she made me. Hope you got a good Secret Paw present!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Mattingly said...

Oh I forgot to say that my Mom is taking off lots of days too to be with Dad while he is on vacation, and I'm loving it!! Hope you are getting as much special attention as I am!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Boni said...

Oh I'm glad you get to open your Secret Paw present before Christmas AND your Mom's doing Christmassy stuff. I was worried about you cuz you were scared Christmas wouldn't come. 13 Mom days is great! Yall will have lots of fun. All of us here are saying lots of purrayers for Eppy and her Cowboy. He's a very brave and good Cowboy and did so good by her.

2:51 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

That is a great picture. My Mom and Dad took me out in the snow once when we lived in Iowa, and I know I'd find a high perch if I had to do it again!
--Jasper

5:17 PM  
Blogger Beau said...

Beautiful picture! Glad your mom is better and you have lots of time with her. Merry Christmas!

11:18 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Edsel.......you must be a frosty kitty by now.
Such a great kitty pic!

Merry Christmas to you!

Lyn &
The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South
=^..^=

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home