Sunday, November 18, 2007

more money!!!


i didn't mean to do an owie. this morning my Mom was drinkin' her first cup of coffee, sittin' in bed and readin' the paper, and i limped into the room, favorin' my right front paw. she quickly noticed and said "what's wrong?" something hurts, i didn't know what was wrong. but i limped out in the hall, then hopped back into the room on three legs. my Mom jumped up, grabbed me and held me on my back, inspectin' my paw to see if something was stuck in it or if it hurt when she pressed on it. nothing. so she felt around my leg and stuff and nothing made me wince, so she put me down on the floor and i hopped into the other room. i listened, and yup, it didn't take her two seconds to call the vet dr's office. they said they could "fit me in" so she got dressed real quick, mumblin' 'bout how all she wanted to do was relax and drink her coffee and read the *#@% paper. they dumped me in my carrier and off we went.

i met a new dr. today, 'cause dr. Cindy wasn't there. this one was fine, but she wasn't dr. Cindy. Dawn was there, tho, so that was nice, Dawn clips my nails with such authority, i would never even dream of trying to swipe at her, plus she smells good! they checked me out and i walked on all my paws, but with a big limp. they couldn't find anything 'specially wrong. the dr. said my shoulder felt a little "rough" like it might be swollen or somethin. so she sent us home with pain drops that my Mom has to start me on tonight. then if i don't get better by the end of the week, she has to take me in again for x-rays. my Mom was very happy that it wasn't anything awful, and that it was "ONLY" $139.00. the problem is that with the unexpected dentist appt. the Dad had Friday (only $501.00) and my Mom's new glasses recently, plus the Dad's colonoscopy, my Mom said the Christmas fund is getting small. i told her i don't care. just havin' her home from work for two weeks 'cause where she works closes down is ALL i want for Christmas!! she said that if i promise to spend lots 'o time with her when she's home, that will be her present. so it sounds like we're okay afterall!! oh, i distemper goop put in my nose. that was rude.

8 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yes, mum time beats everything else. Hope your limping problem isn't serious. This is the time of the year for expensive.

6:36 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh dear Edsel - we is so sorry that you gotted an owie!! feel better soon buddy!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Poor Edsel! I hopes yur ok! Tell yur mom that Temptations make efurryfing better. Yup.

We only get mousies in our shed fing out back, so Bonnie an I don't efur get to play wif them. Once Mom founded a whole nest of itty bitty mousies an put them back where thems Momma Mouse could find them.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Edsel, we hope you feel better soon.

Purrrrrrrrrr

10:09 AM  
Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

You and your mom are absolutely right! Being with those we love is the bestest kind of present there is!

Hope your leg gets to feeling much better soon!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, Edsel, that limp is good for lots of cuddles and probably a extra treat or two. We hope it isn't something serious, like limpaloma or limpingfurrmitous.

Patches

11:32 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Edsel, now what could have happened to make you limp like that? Did Poopy Sister Casey get you when you weren't looking?
We are glad you get to have major cuddling time with momma, and she gets to relax.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Having two mom weeks sounds like heaven to me!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home