Thursday, November 08, 2007

mr. mouseman!


that's my Mom's new nickname for me. an incident happened two nights ago. if my poopy sister had been involved, it would have involved death. but 'cause i was in charge, it involved gettin' free.

my Mom and the Dad went out for dinner. when they got home, i tore down the steps and started to take the curve down the hall to run into the kitchen. but i got diverted. i heard a sound. a very tiny sound, under the basket in the hall, where they keep their gloves, next to a giant pottery tea pot. i vestigated. i dug, i moved the basket a little, i jumped behind it and dug a little more. my Mom noticed and told the Dad to get a small towel. my work was done, so i stepped back into the livin' room to watch. my Mom opened the front door and the Dad knelt down with the towel in one hand and moved the basket and THERE IT WAS. the tiniest mousie all of us had ever seen! the Dad scooped it up in the little towel and took it outside and my Mom sang a verse of "Born Free." then she hugged me and told me what a good, good boy i was to tell them the little mousie was there, but not to hurt it. she hates, hates, hates it when Casey bites little heads off, it makes her sick. so then she cooked me cod!!!! what a night.

(that's my special cod plate up there, empty, after i ATE it all!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, Edsel, such reserve you have. I don't know if any of us would have the strength you have to not, oh, nefur mind. I know for sure, not Mistrie, I won't go into details cuz your Momma might read this, suffice to say, it isn't purrty.

Patches

12:47 AM  
Blogger Patty Nason said...

What a GOOD GOOD boy you were! Wow!

Also wanted to let you know about a cool offer Catster(and Dogster) and Shutterfly have right now - where you can get free photo cards of your beautiful kitties...check it out!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Aw, you're such a sweet fellow, as well as handsum. Cod is better than tiny mice anyway, I bet. It's cool your Mom gave you such a great treat.
Purrrrrrrrrrrs,
your Tuxie Gun Moll Boni Maroni

9:02 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

I kill, but don't eat the mousies. But mum says that is good. She does not like mousies in housies.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Good job Edsel! Your mom & dad make a good mousie catching team too.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We woulda bit the mousie, but well, "cod" sounds pretty good too. An we betcha there was more cod than mousie!

Good decision... :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

oh way more cod. plus i made my Mom Happy, and i like that a lot. she needs to be more happy.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Puff said...

Oh Edsel, my mom would say you're a good boy too. I'm not sure what I'd do with a real mousie, but baby Jake's momcat hunted a bird once!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Boy said...

You are invited to come over for mine 14th purrthday party! Come have a wook at the invitation at mine bwoggy!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

Oh, I think it is wonderful that you don't kill mousies and that your mom gives you cod for being so so good!

I love little mousies too and my mom gets sick to her stomach whenever any little thing gets injured or hurt or killed. My mom even appologizes to flys before she swats them. Sometimes I think that's going a bit far.

4:35 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Edsel! great job! and getting COD! WOO HOO!

we hopes that you is doing well, and that your mom is doing well. we purray efurry night that she will be better.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home