Sunday, June 14, 2009

Middle of June already

Hi everybody! Time sure does go by fast. I'll try to do short updates of what's goin' on here. My Mom got poizun put in her veins on Tuesday. She only went to work for a few hours Wednesday and Thursday, then came home for a long weekend that involved lotsa sleepin'. she's very happy that she didn't get real sicky from it, just very, very, very tired. she even had trouble watchin' the hockey games 'cause she kept dozin' off. Wednesday night she was in the bathroom for a long time. i'm not sure what she was doin', i just know she wasn't happy. but since then, she's eatin' whatever she wants, her appetite came back. she still looks the same too. and Friday she changed doctors. she didn't like the new chemologist that she had. he didn't call in a pill she needed to the drug store and did not explain things good. her new doctor she said is very nice and explains everything real good. so she has to have poizun put in her every other week, three times. then she'll have a test to see if she needs more.

I had to go to the vet dr. this week too. i needed my pee checked to make sure i still needed to be on special food plus bloodworks. i lost a little more weight and Dr. Cindy wants to make sure everything is okay, so they took most of my blood out of me. Then Tabitha and Dr. Cindy combed and combed and combed me 'till they got all the old fur and little mats out. my Mom says i look "sleek and studly" now (I didn't before????) that picture up there is me after we got home, loungin' on the back porch and enjoying my mat free fur.

And, as some of you noticed and sent me nice wishes, it was my purrthday this week. I'm twelbe whole years old! my Mom said we'd try to celebrate this weekend, but today she asked if I minded if we waited another day or two when she has more enerjie. heck no, that's fine with me, just so we do it sometime. i don't want my Mom to get overtired.

this picture is of a pork roast my Mom made a couple weeks ago on the barbeque. everybody who's seen it has said it looks yummy, so i thought i'd show you all. personally, i'd rather see fish comin' off that barbeque. the butcher at the store she bought it from was really acited that she was actually put all kindsa stuff on it, not just bottled barbeque sauce.
I think my Mom is callin' for pizza today. yuck. i bet they won't even consider a shrimp pizza!

13 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

Oh man, that's gotta suck, getting the poizon. But, I guess that stuff works, so I hope she doesn't feel too crappy after she gets it and then when she's done it'll work like magic.

And dood, what's with the stabby people and their blood fetish? They always take mine, too, and I need it! I hope you pooped on them but good!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Edsel you are indeed one handsome ManCat!

10:57 AM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Dearest Edsel ... You are the best furry friend your mom could of ever had!! I just look at you & I feel happy.

Our Grandmom has fired her doc too. Bad communication ... Very impawtant to understand health things. Her hair is all gone ... But our mom got her a great wig! We would like to chew on it.

Purrs ... BTW, you look so purdy & fluffy!

That roast looks great ... We are all hungry now.

The Whippy Curly Tails
=^..^=

?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Motor Home Cats said...

We hope the poison works well for your Mom. She is part of our purrs. We hope she gets her energy back, but we are glad that you are letting her get her energy back before demanding your birthday party. Happy belated birthday by the way. That roast looks yummy.

Purrs to you and your family.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

8:02 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

What!! Did they mean you didn't look sleek & studly before? That's impossible. We tuxie guys always look good.

Max S

2:06 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh my we is purrring that the poison werks and she has to haf no more.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Tiger Lily said...

Happy 12th Birthday a little late Edsel! You look great!

Tell your Mom that shrimp and white sauce make an excellent pizza. (Mom says put garlic on it too but I do not like that.)

Poizun in your Mom's veins does not sound very much fun. My Mom had that done along with with radiation about a squillion* years ago and it worked for her. We will prrr and purray and wag our tails for you all!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Zeke, Sushi, Tiger Lily and Ruckus

*note from Mom: 11-1/2 years ago

5:03 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Big purrs for your mum Edsel, I hope all of her treatments work. You be good and purr on her to be better.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Happy 4th.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Edsel, how are you doing?
*kissies*
your tuxie gun moll Boni Maroni

9:58 AM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Edsel I am glad that you are feeling sleek and getting to enjoy the delicious smells of BBQ pork. But I am sorry that your mum has to have the poizon that makes her feel bad, and I really really hope it works and makes her head all better.
Let us know how you are getting on.
Purrs
Fat Eric

8:50 AM  
Blogger Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Happy World Cat Day Edsel!

10:43 PM  
Blogger sanjeet said...

Edsel you are indeed one handsome ManCat!
home jobs india

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home